Westec Remote Client
Watch Our Video
Employee Steals Purse
Car Fire in Drive-thru
The Westec Remote Client is a locally-installed Windows® software application that provides access to live and recorded video and audio at your sites, in addition to providing access to Digital Video Recorder management and configuration tools.
Considered the best substitute for actually being on-site, the Westec Remote Client allows you to remotely monitor and manage your sites from any Windows®-based laptop or desktop PC with an Internet connection. The client interface is very similar to that of the software that controls each DVR. Once you understand the basic system, this similarity serves to greatly increase your comfort level for remote monitoring, as well as reduces the learning curve for understanding system-level management.
Live Video Access
The Remote Client allows you to access live video from your sites using several display options, including the following:
- Screen Split — Display the live video feed from 1, 4, 9 (wide), 9, 10, or 16 cameras at one time.
- Auto Rotate - Rotate the live video feed between all active cameras or sets of cameras (based on the Screen Split) automatically.
- Full Screen - Display the live video feed from a single camera in full screen mode.
Recorded Video Access
The Remote Client allows you to search and review recorded video from your sites based on date, time, and camera criteria. Recorded video from one or more cameras can be reviewed from 1, 4, 9, 10, or 16 cameras at one time.
Options for converting video into a distributable format are also available once you pinpoint specific segments that are important to you. These options include the following:
- Video Bookmarks - You can define digital “bookmarks” which allow you to identify and then quickly access segments of recorded video at a later time.
- Video Clips - An AVI Converter utility, accessible through the Remote Client interface, allows you to convert a recorded video clip to AVI format and to burn the clip to CD.
- Still Images - A Capture utility, accessible through the Remote Client interface, allows you to capture a still image in JPG or BMP formats.
Live and Recorded Audio
If your system is set up to record audio, the Remote Client allows you to access live audio at your sites using an Audio utility. With this utility, you can toggle between audio listening zones. Audio is also available for playback when reviewing recorded video.
The Remote Client allows you to access dashboards from each site. Dashboards are video management reports designed to provide quick access to recorded video based on criteria that is important to you, but without the need to spend time searching through potentially large amounts of recorded video.
Enterprise-wide connectivity options allow you to connect to one or more sites at once. This saves you time if you want to monitor multiple sites, switching between camera views one site at a time or displaying selected cameras from multiple sites at one time.
Remote user management functions allow you to maintain remote and local DVR access for your internal users on a site-by-site basis, and with varying permissions. For example, consider the following scenarios:
- You can grant a Regional Manager full administrative access to several sites, allowing the user to view cameras at multiple sites, to review recorded video at multiple sites, and to access DVR settings for multiple sites.
- You can grant a Site Manager full administrative access to view cameras at a single site, to review recorded video at the site, and to access DVR settings at the site.
- You can grant an Assistant Manager access to view cameras at a single site and to review recorded video at the site, but without allowing the user to access DVR settings.
Recommended Minimum System Requirements
The following minimum system requirements are suggested for installing and using the Westec Remote Client:
- Windows 2000, XP or Vista Operating System
- Pentium® III or Higher processor
- System RAM of 256MB
- Video Ram of 32MB (64MB recommended)
- Network connection
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c Software